Welcome to the OSU Research Forests!
The OSU Research Forests are dedicated to supporting the mission of the College of Forestry through teaching, research and engagement. You are invited to personally experience forest ecology and forest management by foot, horseback, or non-motorized bicycle on our roads and trails. Find out more about recreation on the Forests by checking the links to the right.
While visiting the Research Forests, please abide by the following rules:
- Stay on the trails!
- Do not block gates or roadways to emergency vehicle access.
- Smoking, alcohol, and other drug use is prohibited.
- Campfires or other fires are prohibited.
- Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited on the Forest roads and trails.
- The Forest is closed from 9pm to 5am.
- Firearms are prohibited except during authorized hunts.
- Overnight camping is prohibited.
- Animals are permitted in the Forest if the owner maintains control of their animal. If not under control by voice command, the animal must be kept on a leash at all times.
- It is unlawful to construct, maintain, or alter trails without permission of OSU.
- Removal of plants and other forest products is prohibited.
Interested in learning more about how we manage recreation on the OSU Research Forests? Learn more and stay involved!
Recreation and Engagement Program Manager
Ryan N. Brown
Recreation Field Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator