Get Outdoors Day Volunteers
What is it?
- The OSU Research Forests, OSU Extension Service, and Benton County Health Department are hosting the eighth annual Get Outdoors Day event at Peavy Arboretum. This free public event will take place on Saturday May 30, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m as part of the National Get Outdoors Day, an annual event encouraging healthy, active outdoor fun. Participating partners will offer a variety of activities designed to engage visitors and connect youth with the outdoors.
Volunteer to Bring Families Outdoors!
- Do you enjoy sharing outdoor experiences with others?
- Help the OSU Research Forests, OSU Benton County Extension and Benton County Health Department
- Provide family fun activities that inspire local youth to form personal connections with nature
- Support the development of future land managers, policy makers, advocates, and stewards
What Should I Bring?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, wear comfortable shoes for walking, and bring sunscreen, a water bottle, and any other personal items you might need.
OSU will provide:
- Free t-shirt to volunteers
- Free lunch (volunteers only)!
- Coolers of water
- A good time!