Winter Solstice Celebration
Join us for our second annual Winter Solstice Celebration!
- Where: The Forestry Club Cabin at Peavy Arboretum
- When: Saturday, December 16th, 2-5pm
- What: Seasonally-themed activities and crafts, a story corner, guided forest walks, warm cider. Free family fun!
- Open-house style - come and go as you please from 2-5pm!
- Volunteers appreciated - signups here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4EAFA72CABF4C61-44886375-winter#/
- RSVP for event updates: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E4EAFA72CABF4C61-44963953-winter
Contact J at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. See you in the forest!
First Saturday Nature Walks
- First Saturday of every month in 2023
- 1pm to 3pm
- Registration required: Click Here
More details included at the registration link, or contact J at email@example.com. We look forward to exploring the Forest with you!
What is the Forest Discovery Trail?
Follow the Forest Discovery Trail signs and stop at each designated area. The cards below (in pdf format) will guide you in activities for each of the stops. You may want to download all the cards as one file on your smartphone or device before going out to the forest!
Forest Discovery Backpacks contain the materials teachers and group leaders need to lead a Forest Discovery Program outdoor field trip. The backpack contains Activity Cards, assorted art supplies, and more to guide your adventure! Teachers and parents can check-out a Forest Discovery Backpack from the Research Offices by contacting the OSU Research Forests or clicking the link below.
We are excited to announce the newest addition to our Forest Discovery Program, the Forest Explorers Journal. This interactive journal is designed for 4th - 8th graders and is filled with activities and materials to inspire curiosity and scientific exploration about the history and ecology of the OSU Research Forests.
Click the link below to receive a free journal and borrow a journal field kit to help aid you in your explorations.
Already tested the journal? We'd love to hear about it. Please fill out your feedback forms here!